Agstaff is looking for a team leader to work with our crew for the upcoming fieldwork season!
About the Role
Based out of Ashburton, the successful applicant will work in the outdoors leading both new and existing staff in undertaking work on a large variety of specialised field crops throughout the wider Canterbury region.
You will liaise with seed representatives, farmers, and Agstaff management, ensuring all work is carried out according to requirements. It will be necessary to keep accurate records and adhere to health and safety standards.
The job is permanent, with a wide variety of agricultural projects to supervise – no two days are the same. You will get to many places you haven’t seen before and be a part of the country's leading agricultural recruitment business while interacting with many interesting clients and colleagues.
- Lead staff working on field crops
- Ensure job's requirements are met on time
- Liaise with clients, coworkers, and management
You're confident in supervising a diverse crew and have strong leadership skills, outstanding communication skills, and excellent attention to detail. You must be able to engage with a diverse range of people and get the best out of your staff while having fun in the paddock – our staff are of various ages and nationalities and have differing abilities.
It would be a definite advantage to have a farming, or agricultural background, although full training will be given to the right applicant.
- Physically fit – manual work is involved
- Full New Zealand driver's licence
- Will pass Ministry of Justice checks and drug screening
What's On Offer
- Full-time, permanent position – 30 hours per week guaranteed (no matter the weather)
- Plenty of overtime available
- Supportive, social team with monthly get-togethers
- Full training is provided, plus opportunities for agricultural upskilling
- Starting rate of $23 – $25 per hour, based on your experience + 8% holiday pay
- PPE provided
- We pay a bonus rate if you transport staff to/from sites
How to Apply
If you're the sort of person who feels a sense of achievement at the end of the day after seeing your team's work, then apply online, and send us your CV/resume and two contactable references.
Or, phone Donna on 0800 247 8233 for more info.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. You must pass drug testing to succeed in these roles.