We are seeking an experienced Class 5 driver to drive our client's truck and trailer.
About the Role
Based in Rakaia, this trucking company is looking for a Class 5 driver, preferably with knowledge of harvesting onions and/or potatoes. You'll be a part of a great team, who are willing to teach new skills to staff that are eager to learn.
Your typical hours of work will be Monday to Friday with 6 am starts and the intention of finishing before 6 pm, with a half day worked on Saturdays. There could be a “soft start”, working 2 – 4 days a week until the season picks up in mid-February.
- Ensure accurate loading/unloading of veggies
- Secure loads safely for transport
- Tow a flat deck trailer or curtain sider (including competently reversing)
As the ideal applicant, you have a clean Class 5 licence and a forklift licence (or are willing to learn how to use a forklift). You're prepared to drive with a flat deck and/or a curtain sider as the job requires.
You possess excellent communication skills, can legally work in New Zealand, and will pass pre-employment drug testing. Having a reliable work ethic is an absolute must!
- Class 5 license
- F endorsement preferred, OSH cert considered (or you're willing to obtain one)
- Competent reversing with a trailer!
- Able to pass a drug test
What's On Offer
- Start on $28 – $30 an hour (experience dependent)
- 8% holiday pay accrued on top of wages
- 12-hour days, Monday to Friday, with half-day Saturdays
- Great team to work with
How to Apply
Submit your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience, along with contactable references.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.