Why choose us?
Agstaff agriculture specialists believe good recruitment is not just about using databases and technology, but also about connecting people with people, matching skills accurately and getting the culture fit exactly right, every time. We believe the best recruitment consultants must have sensitivity, sector experience and an intuitive understanding of their role in the recruitment process.
Because we love what we do, we’re going to do a great job. We’re experts at getting beneath professional facades and discovering candidates’ human qualities. These qualities ultimately determine how a candidate will perform in your workplace.
The Agstaff Recruitment Process
- We will meet with you to establish the employment needs of your business, including personality profiling to allow us to find the perfect “fit” for your business.
- Together we sign an agreement for professional services.
- This agreement will provide you with a guarantee for the placement of staff, there is no risk to you!
- We have a no placement, no fees guarantee.
- We use our extensive personal, business, and company networks to narrow our applicants, we will assess and measure them, specific to your position and supply you with our short list.
- Agstaff consultants will maintain regular contact by telephone or site visits to ensure that we continue to meet your ongoing and changing needs with our employees. We have the flexibility to adapt to short notice changes to staffing levels both increases and decreases.
Temporary (Contract) Staff
Our goal is to make the agricultural recruitment process as stress free and uncomplicated for you as possible.
Agstaff will take care of all ACC costs, holiday pay, sick pay, bereavement leave, statutory holidays, kiwisaver, and PAYE – with no additional charge to you. We also provide the extra service of delivering our temporary agricultural contract workers to your site, on time every day (primary sector ashburton), which all part of Agstaff’s commitment to provide seamless employment solutions for our clients.
And did we mention ... We have one of the largest databases of contract staff in the country. The names on our contract database all undergo the same stringent application process as the permanent staff to ensure we place high quality employees. Our background and reference checks are ongoing and thorough, for the added security of knowing that your contract employee will be trustworthy and hardworking.
Agstaff are the South Island’s number one primary sector recruitment agency. Agstaff connect job seekers with NZ’s best farm jobs, horticulture jobs, agribusiness jobs and more throughout the Canterbury, Otago and Marlborough regions.
Timaru - Oamaru - Selwyn - Rakaia - Ashburton - Christchurch - Canterbury - Otago - Marlborough - Kaikoura
Agstaff has partnered with Heartland Immigration (consultancy firm) to enable us to source candidates from across the globe and fill skills shortage gaps, seasonal positions and temporary specialist contracts. All candidates meet the Immigration New Zealand compliance obligations for a work visa.
Employment Relations and Health and Safety
In conjunction with Compliance Partners, we are now able to offer our clients ongoing support regarding Employment Relations, including contracts and dispute resolution. Compliance Partners also offer comprehensive Health and Safety packages tailor made for our agricultural clients.